Britain's new social classes
- Elite: Most privileged group set apart from other classes because of wealth, highest scoring economically, socially and culturally
- Established middle class: Largest class group and second wealthiest, also score high culturally and socially
- Technical middle class: Small, distinct group that aren't so social but have money and are into emerging culture like gaming, the internet and rock music
- New affluent workers: A young group that is socially and culturally active with middling levels of income
- Traditional working class: Score low economically, socially and culturally but have reasonably high house values and oldest average age
- Emergent service workers: New, young, urban group who don't have much money but are very social and cultural - they "live for today"
- Precariat: Poorest, most deprived class who score low economically, socially and culturally